Saturday, July 13, 2013

Freak Show Polish Review

Hello Lovelies! I was super excited that Carissa chose me to review polishes for her, especially after I saw the bottle pics she started teasing all of us with! If you haven't seen them yet, you are in for a photo treat. ^.^


So without further ado, let's get this Freak Show rolling!

This is Freak Show Polish Corde Lisse.
Corde Lisse is a "sky blue jelly full of white and blue glitters of various shapes. One of the most exotic attractions at a freak show, Corde Lisse is a gravity defying rope dance in mid-air".
For this mani, I used one coat of Corde Lisse over two coats of CG Secret Peri-Wink-Le, topped with one coat of Seche Vite. Application was a cinch. Only one skinny bar glitter hung over my nail and I plucked it off with my trusty tweezers.
This polish would be gorgeous on it's own or over any blue or white. I think I'd like to try it next time over a light purple!
 
This is Freak Show Polish Circus of the Sun.
Circus of the Sun is an "orange shimmery polish with orange and irridescent glitters that can be worn by itself, or over a base color to create a different look".
This is three coats of Circus of the Sun with one coat of Seche Vite. No complaints about application! ^.^
 
This is Freak Show Polish Tightrope Tutu.
Tightrope Tutu is a "baby pink jelly packed full of pink and turquoise glitters in squares and hexes".
This is two coats of Tightrope Tutu over one coat of CG Dance Baby, followed by one coat of Seche Vite. I had no problem with application.
 
This is Freak Show Polish Trapeze Swinger.
Trapeze Swinger is a "milky white jelly full of periwinkle hexes in various sizes and small green hexes".
I applied two coats of Trapeze Swinger over one coat of CG Bahamian Escape. I finished with one coat of Seche Vite and a few rhinestones for fun! Application was a breeze.
 
This is Freak Show Polish Three Ringed Circus. 
Three Ringed Circus is a "milky white jelly full of red and black round glitters and red and white square and fine hex glitter".
This is one coat of Three Ringed Circus over two coats of CG White on White, topped with one coat of Seche Vite. I needed to do very minimal fishing and placement for this mani.
 
This is Freak Show Polish Strongman I.
Strongman I is a "topper full of round glitters in various shades of green and blue".
For this mani, I used two dabbled coats of Strongman I over two coats of A England Camelot, topped with one coat each of Gelous and Seche Vite.
I did need to fish for large glitters and place some where I wanted them, however it was minimal.
 
This is Freak Show Polish Strongman II.
Strongman II is a "milky white jelly full of round glitters in various shades of green and blue".
This is two dabbled coats of Strongman II over two coats of CG White on White, topped with one coat of Gelous and one coat of Seche Vite.
I spent a little time fishing for larger glitters and placing them, but in my opinion, the finished product was WELL WORTH IT!

 
I am officially a Freak Show Polish freak! As a circle glitter fan, especially teals, I fell hard for Strongman I and II. However, there are so many gorgeous polishes in Carissa's Freak Show that I'm confident in saying that everyone who shops there will be a satisfied customer. I am looking forward to adding many, many more Freak Show Polishes to my collection. >.<

To purchase these and other Freak Show Polish, you can find Carrisa's shop here. Also, make sure you head over and like Freak Show Polish on FB and follow Carissa on IG @freakshowpolish.
 
Have a wonderful day and as always,
 
HAPPY LACQUERING! =)

*These polishes were sent for my honest review*

2 comments:

  1. Wow what gorgeous colors! I love them all and I love that there's so much circle glitter too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love strongman II !!

    ReplyDelete