Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Watercolor Wash Too

Good morning! On my last watercolor, I forgot to take pics in between steps because I was so excited about the end results. This time, I made sure to snap a pic here and there so I could show you the nail journey! I hope they help explain my notes a bit better.

To begin, I chose China Glaze White on White as my base color. After 2 coats, I sealed it with a coat of Seche Vite.
Next, I dripped 3-4 dots of CG Lighthouse to each nail (I liked the glimmery look to the yellow).
Then I took a clean paintbrush (one that is fuller than my normal detailing brush), dipped it into acetone, and very lightly spread the Lighthouse dots around my nail. This is how I get them to turn into a "super soft" washed sort of effect.

I repeated the step, using Zoya Pippa because I wanted the yellow to stand out a bit more.
Next I added 3 drops of CG Sky High-Top.
I quickly used acetone to lightly create the washed effect again.
And I sealed off the watercolor wash with a quick coat of Seche Vite.
I LOVE this style of manicure and I have so much fun playing with it! It's like watercolor painting on 10 tiny canvas boards. *.* Have you all tried this yet? Did my pics help explain it better? If you haven't tried this, I highly recommend it! =) Just remember to use the brush lightly...I always tend to smudge my left ring finger. >.<

Have a fantastic day & as always, Happy Lacquering! =) 







13 comments:

  1. thanx for this!! looks great. ill have to try it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! Thanks~it is soooo much fun! Can't wait to see yours when you do them. *.*

      Delete
  2. those are probably the best watercolors nails i've seen so far - nice job girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously?!! You are too kind! Thanks soooo much!!! I just love playing with the colors. =)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I think I will try this.. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon! You should try it~it's so much fun! :)

      Delete
  4. I love doing watercolor nails! ^.^ They're so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!!!! And playing with different colors makes it even more fun! It's a surprise every time. :)

      Delete
  5. I did nail art just like you rquested in the giveaway!
    CHECK IT OUT!
    nataliece.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried this! But doesnt look as lovely as yours unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the manicure! It brings Sweden to my mind cos they have yellowe-blue flag and it suits perfectly for an art teacher.
    I can't wait to try this technique! Thanks for posting it~

    ReplyDelete